Goals for the future:
Conferences and involvement in professional organizations:
- I plan to continue my engagement in ACPA and in the Commission for Career Development. There are opportunities for committee involvement and session presentations.
- I would like to remain involved in OCPA (or parallel organization, depending on the state in which I reside), and plan to engage in a function-specific organization once I get my first job (ie. Admissions-NACAC or Career Services- NACE).
- I would like to explore publication, and continue polishing my research skills, possibly related career development and music students or the dynamic between a student’s faith and their approach to social justice. I would like to publish at least one article in a student affairs journal within the next couple of years.
- I also hope to continue developing my leadership skills; this might be done through attending a leadership symposium or professional development sessions hosted on the campus that employs me. Taking on some responsibility with the ACPA Commission for Career Development through committee involvement may be a good avenue to continue fostering my leadership skills. I have also selected a couple books on leadership (below) that could keep those mental gears moving.
- Additionally, I want to stay engaged with the student population and take up an advising role, perhaps for a student organization or through teaching a section of the orientation course (if available).